Window & Door Limited Warranty
All products made by Optimum Window Mfg. Corp. (hereinafter the “OWMC”) are warranted to the original purchaser to be free from significant defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for a period of 12 months from the date of delivery. Specifically not included is protection against glass breakage or damage.
Paint Limited Warranty (10 years from date of delivery)
- Will not fade in color more than five units as measured by CIE 1976 L*a*b* color difference as set forth in ASTM D2244-93 section 6.3 as of the date of delivery from the OWMC factory.
- Will exhibit gloss retention of a minimum of 30% of the original as measured in accordance with ASTM D523 using 60 degree readings.
- Will not chalk in excess of standard number 8 rating for colors, number 6 for whites as illustrated in the ASTM D64214 test method A.
Maintenance: The cleaning recommendations are an integral part of the warranty, given for gloss, color retention, and chalking. The warranty requires that regular cleaning must be performed periodically, at least once a year and twice a year for structures directly exposed to areas with high corrosive conditions and or high salt concentration, such as waste water treatment plants and coastal applications.
Cleaning conditions as follows:
- Clean water with slight amounts of mild alkaline detergents must be used.
- The cleaning effect maybe increased by rubbing with a soft, non scratching cloth with modest pressure.
- The temperature of the parts to be cleaned must not exceed 80 degrees F.
- For removal of grease and oily substances isopropyl alcohol may be used.
- The cleaning solution must not be allowed to react for more than 1 (one) hour.